Virtual Care Appointments
If you are worried about coming in for your appointment, re-check or prescription refill, consider using our online telemedicine/telehealth solution: Airvet. Through the Airvet app, you can connect via your cell phone or iPad with our veterinarians to have a virtual appointment from the comfort of your home. We will be able to answer questions and work with you to determine if your questions and pet’s condition can be addressed through a chat or if it would be better taken care of in person.
The well-being of you and your pets is our highest priority. In response to the recent developments surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let you know that our office remains open and is operating with our usual business hours. We are fully prepared to continue the highest level of care for your pets!
Please be aware that according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our pets cannot contract or spread COVID-19. You are not at risk by being in contact with your or anyone else’s pets.
As for human contact, we are doing everything we can to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases. We are asking for your help. It takes proactive steps and a team approach to ensure a clean and hygienic atmosphere.
- We won’t be offended if you decline a handshake and ask that you not be offended if we don’t offer our hand. We are trying to avoid shaking hands as well as other human to human contact.
- We have placed disinfectant surface wipes at the reception desk. Our team is carefully cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces (computers, keyboards, desks, pens, etc.).
- We have also placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers in our lobby to minimize germ load.
- During busy periods of the day, we may ask you to wait in your vehicle until the exam room is ready for you and your pet.
- If you are anxious about visiting public spaces, please contact our office. We are committed to making accommodations such as curbside assistance and drop off appointments. We are happy to retrieve your pet from your vehicle and perform services inside the hospital while you wait outdoors in your vehicle or at home.
- Please let us know if you or someone in your household has had any exposure/symptoms to COVID –19. This will allow us to make special arrangements to limit exposure.
- We have informed our employees that they should not report to work if they experience fever, cough, or shortness of breath. They have been instructed to follow their doctor’s and CDC guidelines regarding medical care, quarantine and when it’s appropriate to return to work.
If we have one request, it’s that you remain patient with us. School closures have occurred from now until April. Daycares may also be forced to close. These factors could potentially have a large impact on our team members who will have to stay home with their children. Should this happen we may experience staff shortages over the next few weeks. Please know that we’re here to serve you and your pets. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we take these measures to keep everyone safe and healthy as we continue to meet all your pet’s needs.
If you have questions or are uncertain about bringing your pet into the office, we may be able to help virtually or with other support. Please call us at (248)-644-7171 and we will do our best to assist you.
Thank you for your flexibility and support. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Gasow Veterinary Hospital Team